In this classmate response option, you will get to explore more specifically the research how tricky memory can be which is related to the psychology of law. I would like for us to first overview of concept of false memories and some of the classic research on the concept: Video to watch. https://youtu.be/w2oh-Vrfzjc
250 Words in APA Format.
For the assignment you are first required to watch the following video (2 part video) on Ronald Cotton. Ronald Cotton was exonerated in 1995, after spending over 10 years in prison for crimes he did not commit. His convictions were based largely on flawed eyewitness identification procedures used by police at the time. If you would like to read more about the sexual assault case before watching the video https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dna/cotton/summary.html is a link.
Below are the links to the videos:
Testimony part 1: https://youtu.be/u-SBTRLoPuo
Testimony part 2: https://youtu.be/I4V6aoYuDcg
After reading the text material related to memory construction and watching the video about Ronald Cotton please address these questions:
1. Discuss at least three errors that occurred in the investigation of Ronald Cotton investigation, related to eyewitness testimony and the topic of memory, which lead to his conviction? How did reinforcement play a role in her memory construction?
2. Based on the video, what are some of the ways that investigators could reduce error related to memory and improve the reliability of eyewitness testimony?
3. Please discuss either what you found most interesting about the story of Ronald Cotton or one study overviewed in the text related to memory construction (misinformation and imagination effects/Children's eyewitness recall) that you found interesting?
If you are interested in the topic of false memories, I wanted to share this podcast: The Night That Lasted A Lifetime (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hidden-brain/id1028908750?i=1000483060535). This week on Hidden Brain, we go back four decades to uncover the harm that arises when flawed ideas from psychology are used to determine that a teenager should spend the rest of his life behind bars.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25