You may send your answers only, as long as the problems they refer to are clear.
1. Carbon-14 has atomic number 6 and mass number 14. How many protons, neutrons and electrons
does it have?
______ protons, ______ neutrons, ______ electrons
For 2-3, choose among the following and write the number.
(1) Hydrogen bond (2) ionic bond (3) covalent bond
2. What kind of bond is the polypeptide bond between amino acids in proteins? ______
3. What kind of bond is effective between two strands of DNA? ______
4. [True or False?] The amino acid Alanine, which has CH3 as the side chain, is likely to be exposed to
water. True _____ False _____
5. What kind of biological molecules perform essential life functions such as catalysis, molecular
transport, communication and cell structure? ______
(1) Carbohydrate (2) lipids (3) proteins (4) nucleic acids
For 6-7, choose from the following and write the number.
(1) nucleus (2) Golgi body (3) ribosome
6. DNA are enclosed in this part of the cell. ______
7. Protein synthesis happens here. ______
8. What is the basic building unit of proteins? _____
(1) ribose sugar (2) nucleotide (3) fatty acid (4) amino acid
For 9-11, choose from the following and write the number.
(1) Primary structure (2) secondary structure (3) tertiary structure
9. alpha helix and beta sheet _____
10. amino acid sequence of proteins _____
11. three dimensional folding of proteins _____
12. If a segment of DNA reads as 5’ – TTTGCCAAAA – 3’, what would be the sequence of
corresponding portion of the other strand of the DNA? ______________________________
13. If a segment of DNA reads as 5’ – TTTGCCAAAA – 3’, and is transcribed into mRNA, what would
be the sequence of that mRNA? ______________________________
14. [True or False?] Meiosis preserves the number of chromosomes. True _____ False _____
For questions 15-20, refer to the following and use the number 1-5 for your answer.
(1) anaphase (2) prophase (3) telophase (4) cytokinesis (5) metaphase
15. Arrange (1) to (5) in the correct order of occurrence during Mitosis (for example, 1,2,3,4,5)
16. Chromosomes unfold and nuclei reappear around them in this step _____
17. Chromosomes align themselves along the mid-plane of the cell in this step. _____
18. The cell physically divides into two daughter cells in this step. _____
19. Chromosomes separate in a well-choreographed manner in this step. _____
20. DNA condense to chromosomes and mitotic spindles appear in this step. _____
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25