Thinking about the readings from this Module, write a 400 word discussion board post in which you explore one or more of these questions:
Complete these readings from the textbook:
· Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night
· Dulce et Decorum Est
· Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone
· Ballad of Birmingham
· My Papa’s Waltz
· Norton Chapter 11 (pages 730-734)
Module 3: Lesson and Notes
What is poetry?
Poetry is a form of expression – usually concise, lyrical writing that conveys images, emotions, and moments.
Why is poetry so complicated?
The poet uses his/her own personal and private language which leaves poetry open to different interpretations. Although the poet may have had one specific idea or purpose in mind, the reader’s response may be completely different. Nevertheless, this does not mean that you may interpret poetry any way you wish. All interpretations must be supported by direct reference to the text. (Source: This textbook (Links to an external site.) )
What makes a poem a poem?
What are the elements of poetry?
Module 3 Discussion: Discussion Topic DUE 2/27
No unread replies.No replies.
Thinking about the readings from this Module, write a 200-400 word discussion board post in which you explore one or more of these questions:
· In his TedTalk (Links to an external site.), poetry professor Daniel Tysdal says that poetry is how we can express and respond to moments in life that set us "off balance," including both celebrations and tragedies. Think about the poems we read for this Module and discuss how one of them does just that: expresses the speaker's response to an event that puts them off balance. Consider questions like:
· What event or occasion is being described?
· What is the speaker's emotional response?
· How can readers relate or understand the poem?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25