Pre-Briefing Simulation And Drug Cards
PATIENT: Keola Akana
THIS ASSIGNMENT HAS TWO PART QUESTIONS
Please keep in mind you will also be required to recognize a variety of signs and symptoms linked to abnormalities in these skills.
Therefore, in order to prepare for the simulation, you are required to complete the Pre-Briefing questions & Drug Cards below and submit to the faculty facilitating the simulation prior to the start of pre-briefing. If you do not complete the pre-briefing questions below and submit to faculty facilitating the simulation prior to the start of pre-briefing, you will not be permitted to participate in the simulation.
PART 1 QUESTIONS
Keola Akana is a 70-year-old male with a history of heart failure. He was admitted to the medical-surgical unit early on Monday morning for medication adjustment, monitoring, and cardiac rehabilitation. The scenario takes place on Monday at 0900, at which time morning medications are due.
1. What are the nutritional implications, key assessment findings, and nursing interventions for a patient with hypokalemia?
2. What are the signs and symptoms of digoxin toxicity and how would the nurse assess for these symptoms? In your response, be sure to include specific body systems.
3. How would the nurse provide family-centered care?
PLEASE USE REFERENCE LESS THAN 5 YEARS OLD AND APA FORMAT NEEDED.
PART 11 QUESTIONS
Keola Akana is a 70-year-old male with a history of heart failure. He was admitted to the medical-surgical unit early on Monday morning for medication adjustment, monitoring and cardiac rehabilitation. During this scenario, students will have the opportunity to assess and manage medication administration for a patient experiencing digoxin toxicity.
FOR EACH OF THE FOLLOWING DRUGS BELOW THAT WAS PRESCRIBED FOR THE ABOVE PATIENT WITH HEART FAILURE, WRITE OUT IN DRUG CARD FORMAT FOLLOWING THE HEADING BELOW
1) THE INDICATION, (2) DOSAGE, (3) CONTRAINDICATION, (4) SIDE EFFECTS, (5) ADVERSE EFFECTS AND (6) NURSING CONSIDERATION
⦁ Patient: Keola Akana Drug Lists
Lasix 40 mg po now and daily
Potassium Chloride CR 10 mEq po daily
Digoxin 0.25 mg po now and daily
Atenolol 50mg po now and daily
Acetaminophen 650 mg po Q 4 hrs PRN mild pain or temp greater than 101.3
IV saline flush Q 8hrs and PRN
N:B: SEE THE ATTACHED SAMPLE OF THE DRUG CARD LIST
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25