You are a new IT security professional for a small police department. At first you did not see your agency as being a large target for attacks. However, the city recently appointed a new and very controversial police chief. Following the appointment of the new police chief, you discovered a plain text file in the root of the C: drive on a server that said “hacked by the KDC.”
You have reported this to your immediate supervisor, who has assigned you to perform a penetration test on the agency’s network and to perform a vulnerability assessment. Although you strongly agree with your supervisor and realize that such measures are necessary, you believe that it would be much more appropriate to outsource this to a security consulting firm.
To fulfill your supervisor’s initial request, you are preparing to perform a preliminary network penetration test on your agency’s network. However, you prefer to take an automated approach and are wondering if such network penetration tools exist.
A. Create a PowerPoint presentation (No longer than 20 slides) explaining why the vulnerability assessment for the police department’s network should be outsourced by doing the following:
Note: The slides in your presentation should include only the main points you wish to make, with more extensive information included in the presenter notes section of the presentation.
1. Explain the difference between a penetration test and a vulnerability assessment.
2. Identify the steps that should take place in a vulnerability assessment.
3. Discuss the risks involved in conducting an internal vulnerability assessment.
4. Present the steps your agency should take to conduct a vulnerability assessment with a third party, including legal considerations such as applicable laws and ramifications of ill effects or discoveries of the vulnerability assessment.
a. Justify the legal considerations you presented.
5. Include presenter notes for each slide.
C. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format. When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25