Please respond to the following discussion with a well thought out response with relating to at least one source (cite using APA). Post your main post within the week and two peer replies by midnight EST on Sunday.
DISCUSSION – 01 FACTORS LEADING TO SUCCESS OF A PROJECT
Week 1 Discussion
BADM-636-A01 Monitor/Con & Closing the Project
Research the Internet and locate an article(s) that discusses factors to project success or failure. Identify 2-3 factors and elaborate on them to your peers. Note don't just copy and paste – synthesis into your own words.
A project success is when a project achieves all the goals and objectives that were pre-defined within the allocated time and within the allocated budget. There are several factors that affect the project success or failure.
a. Preparation and Planning: Before even starting any project, it is very crucial to have a well-defined project plan laid out. This helps to check whether the project is on track or not at any point of time.
b. Leadership: It is very vital to select the best team and leadership. Every project requires a leader that leads the project and at all the times identifies the opportunities to guide the project in the correct direction to achieve project success.
c. Knowledge: This plays a very important role in any project. Appropriate knowledge and experience always help to make decisions that ensure project success. The team-members that are highly knowledgeable and experienced share the same enthusiasm to steer the project towards success.
Based on what you learned from the week introduction, PMI journal article, and other research, how would you define the main purpose of monitoring and controlling a project?
According to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), “the Monitoring and Control Process Group consists of those processes performed to observe project execution so that potential problems can be identified in a timely manner and corrective action can be taken, when necessary, to control the execution of the project.”
Project Monitoring and Control activities are carried out in parallel with the actual execution of the project. This ensures that as the project is being executed, it is simultaneously being monitored and controlled by proper supervision and implementing corrective actions as and when necessary. The main objective of project monitoring and control is to be precautious and proactive and help identify issues ahead of time and take the necessary corrective actions.
2. PMI. (1987). Project Management Body of Knowledge (Pmbok).
DISCUSSION – 01 FACTORS LEADING TO SUCCESS OF A PROJECT
Project Success or Failure
Projects have been used in all financial and non-financial domains to organize activities to achieve desired goals. Projects, project portfolios, programs, and organizational strategies are connected. Project success was identified as a complicated, multi-dimensional notion with numerous features. Success factors can be thought of as crucial elements that aid in the development or as mechanisms that project leaders can employ to increase the chances of obtaining the desired outcomes.
Factors That Lead To Success of a Project
The project manager largely determines a project's success or failure. A project manager must be competent and also efficient for a project to be a success. They must understand how to get things done by their members of the team. Other critical aspects influence the success of a project.
· Smart People: Any strategy or plan cannot work unless the appropriate people are on the team. All project contributors must commit to the group and strive for overall success. Members of the core team generally do better if they have a business administration certification because it aids in comprehending their work (Durmic, 2020).
· Resourceful Planning: All-inclusive planning positions a project for success from the start. Comprehensive policy assists team members in fulfilling the project manager's deadline. It also helps them stay organized and focused.
· Persuasive Communication: A project's success depends on carefully listening and maintaining an ear to the ground for new information.
Factors That Lead To Failure of a Project
· Incompatible Communication: Several studies have shown that inconsistent communication causes 58% of projects to fail, making it one of the most important causes of project failure.
· Inefficient Planning: Weak planning might easily lead to the project's failure. As an applicant, I am working on an online project.
· Unrealistic Expectations: Since the deadline was difficult to meet and the unreasonable objectives, these enterprises had to concede defeat. As a project manager, you must keep in mind the abilities of your members of the team (Beleiu, Crisan, & Nistor, 2015).
Purpose of Monitoring and Controlling a Project
The basic objective of controlling and monitoring and is to be competent at detecting problems and take appropriate action. Appropriate action may need reviewing the Planning Phase Group and, if needed, changing the plan of project management, with the final objective of carrying the project back in line with the project purposes and requirements, as well as improving future performance to prevent similar the same errors. A project's thorough plan serves as the framework for project monitoring, communicating status, and taking relevant steps (Khraiwesh, 2013).
Progress is largely defined by likening the actual creative task and work characteristics, cost, effort, and timeframe to the plan at designated checkpoints and management levels inside the project schedule. Monitoring and controlling software projects are crucial for detecting deviations from the project plan and taking appropriate action when necessary. Yet, determining the appropriate course of action is not an easy task (Hassib, 2018).
Beleiu, I., Crisan, E., & Nistor, R. (2015). Main factors influencing project success. Interdisciplinary Management Research, 11(2), 59-72. Retrieved from http://www.efos.unios.hr/repec/osi/journl/PDF/InterdisciplinaryManagementResearchXI/IMR11a05.pdf
Durmic, N. (2020). Factors influencing project success: A qualitative research. TEM Journal, 9(3), 1011-1020. Retrieved from https://www.temjournal.com/content/93/TEMJournalAugust_1011_1020.pdf
Hassib, A. (2018, May 16). Project Monitoring and Control. Retrieved from pmdocuments: https://pmdocuments.com/project-monitoring-and-control/
Khraiwesh, M. (2013). Project Monitoring and Control Measures In CMMI. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, 5(5), 39-56. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/276197921_Project_Monitoring_and_Control_Measures_In_CMMI
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25