A small LLP consisting of a group of private investigators is headed by one of your friends. The partnership has a small office with one server and six workstations. Additionally, the partnership hosts its own website where it allows clients to log in and enter their case information. You suspect that the site may be lacking fundamental security and information safeguards.
During the past few weeks, staff members have noticed that the workstations are running sluggishly, and they routinely get advertisements on their computers when they are not on the Internet. Investigators routinely download and install programs and plug-ins from the Internet. However, the computers are not kept up-to-date with operating system patches or software patches for other installed software programs and plug-ins.
Lastly, there have been several complaints from clients that the company website has been unavailable or has timed out. Recently, the website was completely deleted and the homepage read, “You’ve been hacked.” Fortunately, the website was able to be restored from a backup.
You have been asked by your friend to assist the group with its various security challenges by analyzing the threats the LLP faces.
A. Outline the top five threats to each of the following in the given scenario:
1. The server
2. The workstations
3. The website
B. Create a memo (suggested length of 2 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Evaluate the likelihood of the threats discussed in part A.
2. Recommend security controls and countermeasures that should be instituted to mitigate these threats.
C. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25