You have learned about the development of early American values as the nation began to define itself. Now you will examine how those values help define American culture. Write a 700-word minimum essay for one of the following prompts:
Choose any past or present American legend/urban legend. In your introduction, briefly describe the legend in your own words. Then analyze what value/fear caused the story or figure to obtain its legendary status. Consider what this legend reveals about the US or Americans (what we value, fear, idolize, etc.).
Choose any past or present American heroic figure. In your introduction, briefly describe the hero in your own words. Then analyze what value/fear caused this figure to obtain his/her status as a hero. Consider what this hero reveals about the US or Americans (what we value, fear, idolize, etc.).
Choose any past or present American “villain”. In your introduction, briefly describe the hero in your own words. Then analyze what value/fear caused this figure to obtain his/her status as a legendary villain. Consider what this villain reveals about the US or Americans (what we value, fear, idolize, etc.).
· The vanishing hitchhiker (or Resurrection Mary)
· Alligators in the sewers
· Lizard man
· Paul Bunyan
· Brer Rabbit
· Davy Crockett
· Daniel Boone
· Casey Jones
· Peg Leg Joe
· Wyatt Earp
· King Kong
· Mike Fink
· Jesse James
· Kunta Kinte
· Aunt Jemima
· Johnny Appleseed
· John Henry
· Bonnie and Clyde
· Little Black Sambo
· George Washington and the cherry tree
· Sweet Betsey
· Yankee Doodle
· Vito Corleone
· “Unsinkable” Molly Brown
· You are not limited to what is listed above under Topic Ideas. If you are unsure if your topic meets the criteria of one of the prompts, please check with your instructor before you begin.
· Consider outlining before you begin composing—this will help you to organize your thoughts before you start writing.
· Avoid getting caught up in summarizing the legend or figure. You’re not writing a summary or a book report. Your thesis should argue what value/fear caused the legend/figure to obtain legendary status. For example, you might say, “Name of figure/story obtained American legendary status because the legend/figure embodies the American ideal or fear of insert value or fear.
· Your essay should be well-organized with the following components: an intro with an argumentative thesis, a body of at least three well developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
· Your MLA formatting and citation information do not count as part of the essay word count.
· Observe proper MLA formatting. Use Calibri 11 pt. or Times New Roman 12 pt. font, but NOT both. Be consistent.
· Integrate textual evidence (i.e. quotes) in each body paragraph to help prove your point. You must use at least two sources. Feel free to use more if you’d like, but don’t let the sources take over. DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA.
· Include proper MLA citations for your sources. Sample MLA citations can be found in D2L Content under the HELP & HOW TO Module. Remember to have a Works Cited page with proper MLA entries.
· Do not use first or second person pronouns in your essay. Avoid contractions.
Check the rubric in D2L Content under MODULE D before submitting your completed essay to D2L Assignments as a .docx or .rtf file by the due date listed on your Course Calendar/Assignment Schedule.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25