Hi, thanks for picking up my order! I have included files containing instructions, the rubric, and an example essay below. Please let me know if you have any questions. Here are answers to a few frequently asked questions regarding the assignment:
So, I need to write a classification paper. How do I come up with a thesis?
Before you have a thesis, you need a topic.
Take a few minutes to decide what you want to write about and how you can divide it into categories. You’ll need a reason for classifying these things; you’re writing with a purpose, not just to meet an assignment.
For example, if you want to categorize driving styles, you wouldn’t just haphazardly list them. Instead, you could group them by speed, by attention to others, by safety, and so on. Let’s say you divide driving styles by safety, with the purpose of giving readers a "reality check" about their own driving.
To develop the thesis, you could simply state what you’re classifying and the subcategories you’ve divided it into: "To assess how safe their driving styles are to themselves and others on the road, drivers can put themselves in one of four categories: reckless, aggressive, defensive, or overly cautious."
I have my thesis. How do I support it? What information should I give my audience?
Good thinking! Keep your audience in mind as you develop any essay.
For a classification essay, you’ll need to let readers know how you defined your categories, and you’ll need examples to illustrate your definitions. For example, for the topic we mentioned above, you’d need to define "aggressive" driving, explain the characteristics of that kind of driver, and give an example or two to help readers envision what an aggressive driver is as opposed to the reckless or defensive driver. Explanations are very important here! Don’t just list the definitions and examples: take some time to explain how the examples fit the definitions.
What can you tell me about organizing this essay?
After your introduction, take each subcategory in turn. If you listed the divisions in your thesis, you’ll work through the classification in that same order.
Within each classification, you’ll have the following information:
Are there any problems I might have with this assignment?
There are two common problems that writers have in classification projects:
1. They forget to have a clear purpose or reason for their classification. We classify things to better understand how they work or what they mean in relation to each other. For example, in talking about driving styles above, the goal is to explain driving safety to readers, rather than simply categorizing for no specific reason. Writing with a purpose gives meaning to your project.
2. They don’t create a scheme that accounts for all the subcategories of the things they are classifying. For example, a writer struggling with a scheme to classify types of friends might limit the topic to best friends and acquaintances. A better scheme would expand to include all kinds of friends since many are between acquaintance and best friend. We want readers to be able to sort in their minds as they read, thinking "yes, I can see the usefulness of this classification scheme, and I can put this here and that there….etc."
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25