Which of the imperatives for intercultural competence—demographic, technological, global, peace, or interpersonal—is the most powerful motivator for you to improve your intercultural competence? Explain.
COMM 2307: Intercultural Communication 10 points
Answer any five questions. Write the question you are responding to and the answer below. Type your answers in double space. Write clearly in your own words, and your answers should reflect a good understanding of the subject-matter. If you quote or paraphrase from somebody’s work, please provide necessary references and citations.
1. Which of the imperatives for intercultural competence—demographic, technological, global, peace, or interpersonal—is the most powerful motivator for you to improve your intercultural competence? Explain.
2. Explain briefly the concepts of culture, communication and intercultural
3. Why cultures differ? What, according to your textbook authors, are the forces that maintain cultural differences?
4. Among the five metaphors (melting pot, tributaries, rainbow, tapestry and garden salad), which one, according to you, accurately describes the U.S cultural diversity? Explain with an example.
5. Your textbook describes several BASICs of intercultural competence. Among them, what three BASIC skills do you think are most important for developing intercultural communication competence? Explain.
6. Kluckhohn and Strodtbeck list five major elements of cultural patterns.
Describe and analyze at least two of those elements.
7. What do you understand by high-context and low-context cultural taxonomy? Explain with at least one example each.
8. List the six dimensions of Hofstede’s cultural taxonomy, and explain two of them with at least one example each.
9. Explain stereotyping, and how it impacts intercultural communication?
10. Explain the three different types of identities with one example each.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25