Professional Dance Critique
Minimum 500 words, double-spaced, use Times New Roman ,12 font,
One inch margins on all sides, Check your computer for margin settings.
Guidelines for viewing/writing a Dance Performance:
1) Write about the lighting that was used throughout the dance. What were the colors?
Were they cool (usually blues, greens and violets), or warm (usually pinks, reds and yellows). Lighting designers use different colors to evoke different moods. Why do you think the specific lighting was used?
2) Were there set pieces used on stage? If so, how were they used? Did the choreographer employ a use of technology? If so, what was the extent of the technology and what did it represent?
Dance Critique Pet Peeves:
When writing about the subjects below:
Refer to male dancers, men or danseurs (if classical ballet)
NOT men dancers, boys, guys or males
Refer to female dancers, women or ballerinas (if classical ballet)
NOT women dancers, girls, gals, chicks or females
Refer to a piece, work or dance
NOT routine or act
Refer to movements
Refer to danced together or in unison
NOT in sync or synchronized
Refer to the performance or the concert
NOT the show, play or recital
DO NOT include title page information on first page of critique (name, date, professor's name, class, performance)
Name of choreographers/company (Try to find a dance from these dancers)
• Martha Graham
• Twlyla Tharp
• Alvin Ailey
• Merce Cunningham
• Anna Sokolow
• Mark Morris
• Paul Taylor
• Bill T. Jones
• Pina Bausch
• Garth Fagan
• Bebe Miller
• Jennifer Muller
• Lar Lubovitch
• Doug Varone
• David Parson
• Trisha Brown
• George Balanchine
• Grupo Corpo- Company
• Netherlands Dance Theater – Company
• William Forsythe
• Nacho Duato
• Mikhail Baryshnikov
• Trisha Brown
• Alwin Nicolais
• New York City Ballet
• Cloud Gate Dance Theater
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25