covering one of the most controversial of all the rights in the Bill of Rights—the right to privacy- which becomes the foundation for the right to an abortion.
Research Paper: Right to Privacy Assignment Instructions
You will write a research paper covering one of the most controversial of all the rights in the Bill of Rights—the right to privacy- which becomes the foundation for the right to an abortion. You will have the opportunity to explore the legal underpinnings of the right to an abortion and the opportunity to explore whether the right to privacy is correctly interpreted as the foundation for the right to an abortion. The purpose of this assignment is to help you analyze the rights of privacy and abortion and to think through the issues surrounding these rights in the context of our legal, constitutional, and religious history.
You will also have the opportunity to tie together many macro course themes in this assignment: 1) an assessment of where our country is today in light of our legal and religious heritage; 2) an analysis of the importance of competing visions of constitutional interpretation, and 3) a deep dive into a major public policy issue that has divided Americans for the past half century and continues to be a major 21st century policy debate.
The right to privacy was first created by the Supreme Court in its 1965 Griswold v. Connecticut ruling. Eight years later, in its 1973 decision Roe v. Wade, the Court determined that the right to privacy was broad enough to include the right to an abortion. Consequently, in this paper, you’ll explore the specific, constitutional underpinnings of the abortion debate.
Access Griswold v. Connecticut from any reputable website (two excellent resources can be found in the reading material for Module 7: Week 7 – Website: Assignment Resource: Oyez and Website: Assignment Resource: Cornell Law. Analyze this case from both a loose constructionist and a strict constructionist perspective. Apply the principles and knowledge that you have gained in this course regarding America’s religious and legal history. In light of our Constitutional heritage and principles that you have learned in this course, which side is more consistent with our Constitutional heritage? Since Roe v. Wade is based upon Griswold, is the Roe decision grounded upon a strong, constitutional basis? Explain and discuss.
Explain the assignment in detail. Specify the exact requirements of the assignment. Items to include are outlined as follows:
· Length of assignment: 4-5 pages excluding the title page, abstract, and reference section.
· Format of assignment: Latest edition of APA
· Number of citations: at least five scholarly sources
· Acceptable sources: scholarly articles published within the last five years, published books, course texts, and the Bible.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25