For this assignment, you will isolate a topic determine by your research and develop a research question.
PSY 110 Literature Review Project
In this course, you will compose a type of research paper called a literature review. The purpose of a literature review is to pursue the answer to a research question using established research by other social scientists. Over the next six weeks, you have the following deliverables that will help you complete the final research paper.
Unit 1: Select a research topic:
1. Look through the table of contents and the index in your textbook to identify possible topics for your research paper. You can also conduct an Internet search for topics. Then, compile a broad list of all the topics you found that interest you.
2. As you make your list, look for patterns. Your list may reveal that you are particularly interested in language development, personality disorders, or how early environment affects development. Circle or put a star beside those that most interest you. (Keep in mind that you’ll want to choose a topic that is broad enough for you to develop a research question on, but narrow enough that your topic is well focused.)
3. Use the information to narrow the list to three possible topics. After each topic,
· Write a short sentence that expresses why you are interested in that topic.
· Be sure to include your name in your document.
· Your instructor will approve your topic(s) before you move forward with the next step.
Unit 2: Develop a research question:
1. Review your instructor’s feedback on the research topics you submitted last week and select a single topic that interests you.
2. Use your textbook and available resources on the Internet to review more material about your subject. (You can use a search engine at this stage. You are only perusing the material to develop a research question.) Write down various questions you have about the subject.
3. Here are some tips to remember:
· Make sure your questions are answerable. Questions that begin with the word why may be harder to answer than questions that begin with who, what, when, where, and how.
· Consider that you only have about three weeks to conduct your review. Try to ask a question that is narrow enough for you to actually answer in those three weeks.
4. Narrow your list to the best three questions you have. Make sure you are interested in researching these, and that the questions are broad enough to support a full research paper. Examples of good research questions include:
· What is the connection between diet and Asperger’s syndrome?
· Are people who are intrinsically motivated more successful than extrinsically motivated people?
· What are the global standards for ethics in operant conditioning studies?
Unit 3: Bibliography:
1. Review your instructor’s feedback on the research questions you submitted in Assignment 2 (Research Question) and select only one question to guide your research.
2. Using two to three key words or key phrases related to your topic, conduct an Internet and traditional library search to compile a bibliography for your research question.
3. Here are some tips to remember:
· Make sure to include a minimum of six print-based sources. For example, magazines or journals that have an online and print presence. You may also use digital books such as eBooks that are available through Deets Library.
· Use established sources for your research.
· Good sites include peer-reviewed journals (Psychology Today, Journal of Abnormal Psychology), scientific magazines and newspapers (Scientific American, The New York Times), and books.
· Be wary of: Wikipedia; sites that end in .com or .net; papers posted to the Internet (these may be graduate theses and are not peer reviewed); and personal sites.
Unit 4: Research Outline:
1. Finish compiling all the sources you plan to use in your paper. Look over each of the sources to get more direction on how to organize your outline.
2. Construct the outline with the following components:
· An introduction
· Introduce the research question
· Identify the main researchers of note in this field
· A well-organized body
· Organize and discuss the main findings of the literature you reviewed. All of this discussion should be directly relevant to answering the research question.
· Identify methodologies, theories, and controversies surrounding the research, but keep them organized so the reader is not confused.
· A conclusion that attempts to answer the research question by
· Posing a theory based on the research
· Evaluating the research reviewed and expressing your ideas about the future research about the topic or question.
3. Each of these sections in the outline should be fleshed out with a paragraph or two. These can be unfinished ideas and should demonstrate an engagement in, but not a mastery of, the material. Remember that you are not expected to have read all the pages of the sources you've identified. A good rule of thumb is to read through all the abstracts to make sure you have a sense of how each source will contribute to the overall form.
Unit 5: Research draft paper:
1. Prepare a rough draft of your research paper for instructor review.
Unit 6: Research final paper / presentation:
· Review the first draft of the research paper that you wrote in Assignment 5 (Research Draft).
· Incorporate instructor feedback and review your outline to make final revisions to your paper.
· Review this unit’s required readings in Chapter 12.
· Using your Southwestern College Zoom Pro account along with the presentation software of your choice, develop a video presentation on the topic of stress awareness and coping strategies that would be appropriate for sharing with coworkers in a professional environment.
· Your presentation should include of eight (8) to ten (10) slides (whether PowerPoint, Prezi, KeyNote, etc.)
· Include the context of the work situation, such as military, production line, service industry, educational setting, etc., and some of the primary stressors that workers experience.
· Use strategies from the text and one other outside source to help coworkers identify, address and/or prevent stress and promote coping.
Unit # Project Details 1 Select a research topic 2 Develop your research question 3 Bibilography 4 Research outline 5 Draft paper 6 Finalize paper/presentation
Unit # Project Details
1Select a research topic
2Develop your research question
1. Consciousness (Biological Psychology)
2. Theories of Motivation
3. Foundation of Biological Psychology
4. Foundation in Developmental Psychology
5. Foundation in Social Psychology
6. Health, Stress, and Positive Psychology
7. Mental Health Disorders
Top 3 Topics
2. Developmental Psychology
3. Mental Health
I was not really sure if you wanted to see our list of topics and whether or not that needed to be in APA format as well. If not then just disregard this page and below you will see the rest of the assignment.
The consciousness psychological topic interest me because it dives into what happens with our brain during sleep and hypnosis. It also discusses the affect that psychoactive drugs can have on us physically and mentally. It is interesting to see how the brain can be altered by taking certain drugs to change how we feel all with just a simple change of a few chemicals. How does this all take part in to psychology? I think there is so much learn from this and how it can affect people on a daily basis.
One of the fascinating things about developmental psychology is how your brain and thought process changes throughout all the different stages of life. How is it that certain behaviors and abilities can develop so quickly while others take so much longer? It is thought-provoking to see how and when these take place. Is it genetic factors or external surroundings that cause differences in some of these? It definitely excites me to see all of the different theories out there that surround this.
Mental health has definitely come to the forefront in today’s society. I believe a lot of this has to do with how quickly information can spread due to social media. How do mental disorders change the way people think? Is it as simple as changing to a healthy lifestyle physically by working out and eating healthy or is by getting of all the negative social media in life? Does it require a more professional therapy? Delving into mental health from a general psychology standpoint can hopefully open my eyes into seeing how these things develop.
Pastorino, E., & Doyle-Portillo, S. (2022). What is psychology?: Foundations, applications, and Integration. Cengage.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25