WHAT TO DO:
STEP ONE: Pick a Social Controversy/Topic in JUSTICE STUDIES you are passionate about or at least interested in learning more about. It could be on inequality by race, gender and/or economic class. It can focus on a social institution like Criminal Justice, Health, Government/Politics, Religion, Military, the Media, Education, Family, or Economic/Business. It might focus on a Social Movement like Black Lives Matter, Me Too, LBGQ+ Rights, Immigrant Rights, Occupy Movement, Universal Health Access, Safe Neighborhoods, White Supremist Movement or ANTIFA,, Environmental Movement, Military Veterans Movement, Human Trafficking Movement, the School Voucher Movement, PETA, Save the Whales, Global Hunger, Global Women's Rights, Indigenous People of the World Movement.
STEP TWO: Search the Library databases for TWO peer-reviewed Original Research Articles that educate you about your CONTROVERSY/TOPIC of interest. Each article must be a minimum of 10 pages long, have at least 10 references in their bibliography and be dated on or after the year 2010.
A peer-reviewed Original Research Article offers a short Literature Review of past studies on the topic and then extends the literature through conducting new research. ORIGINAL RESEARCH means the author, aside from reviewing the past research on a topic, conduct their OWN research where they pose a research question/hypothesis, sample a population, gather data from that sample and analyze it, and then present their findings.
I recommend searching through the following databases:
– Criminal Justice Database
– Sociology Collection
SEARCH CRITERIA – when searching on the Library databases:
• Select Peer Reviewed
• Select Full Text articles
• Select Articles after 2010
ARTICLE CRITERIA – the articles you choose must meet these minimum standards
• Each should be at least 10 pages long
• Each should have at least 10 references in their bibliography. To confirm this, simply open up the pdf of the article, scroll down and and count how many references the bibliography has.
WARNING: DO NOT SUMMARIZE THE ARTICLE ABSTRACT OR CUT AND PASTE ANYTHING FROM ANYWHERE.
STEP THREE: Read the two articles closely and take thorough notes using the following template.
TEMPLATE & GRADING RUBRIC
INCLUDE TOPIC HEADINGS IN SUBMISSION
(ADVICE: CUT AND PASTE THIS TEMPLATE TWO TIMES ON A WORD DOCUMENT)
– 7.5 points for each summary
– SHOOT FOR 1.5 to 2 PAGES FOR EACH SUMMARY.
(1) First, list your FULL name, assignment title and also include your CONTROVESY interest
(2) Second, list the FULL BIBLIOGRAPHICAL CITATION for the SOURCE (0.25 pt)
Use this format: Author's last name, First name initial (Year of publication). Title of article. Journal name. Volume (Issue): Page numbers.
Here is an example:
Duque, R.B., LeBlanc, E.J. and Rivera, R. (2019). Predicting Active Shooters: Are regional homogeneity, intolerance, dull lives and more guns enough deterrence? Crime and Delinquency, 65(9) 1218–1261.
(3) Then, offer a detailed summary USING the following TEMPLATE for each article:
INCLUDE THE UNDERLINED TOPIC HEADINGS BELOW IN YOUR ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION
• Introduction - how the authors argue the importance of the topic (1 pt)
• Literature Review - what the authors said were the key theories, populations sampled, methods used, and key analysis and ESPECIALLY findings from past research on this topic. OFFER MUCH DETAIL HERE TO DEMONSTRATE YOU KNOW THIS KNOWLEDGE WELL (2 pts)
• Research Question or Hypothesis - what it is and how the authors argue it is relevant to state in terms of extending the research in this area? (0.5 pt)
• Sample & Methods - Who or what they sampled, the size of the sample and what data gathering technique they used (SURVEY, INTERVIEW, EXPERIMENT, RE-ANALYSIS OF EXISTING DATA?) and how they executed it. (2 pts)
• Analysis & Findings -What did the data they gathered REVEAL either through Statistical Analysis or Qualitative Theme Coding & Analysis. OFFER DETAIL ON FINDINGS HERE (1.5 pts)
• Conclusion - How do they explain their findings contradict, confirm or add to past research and theories? (0.25 pt)
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25