This paper will be a no more than 5-page reflection on what YOU have learned about:
In preparing your response to this assignment, you should draw from the content of assigned readings, workshops, and other activities. Connect the insights and lessons that you have derived from the assigned readings to what you actually saw in practice. Discuss both the consistencies and inconsistencies. Integrate all these into a personal reflection on the new knowledge and insights that you have gained about the globalization of business operations.
Refer to the Global Mindset framework found in Appendix B as a way of exploring the various aspects of your global competency and any gaps you may have or want to strengthen.
IMPORTANT: you have to answer ALL of the questions above, have to APPLY the contents from the videos , Powerpoint, and articles below, and should write only things about the area we studied (China, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, New Zealand)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appendix B Global Mindset Framework
BUSINESS SHARING & STRATEGY CHALLENGES
HCMC, 31 Mar 2021 MAIN CONTENT
1. About GreenViet
2. Our four challenges
Education • 1979 : Born (early 40s)
• 2001 : Civil engineer in Vietnam
• 2008 : MBA in France
• 2015 : Energy Efficiency Diploma in Sweden
• 2021 : start PhD in U.S. (tentative)
2001-2003 2003-2006 2008-2010 2010-2013 2013 onwards
Basics of Vietnam • Population : almost 100 mils (young)
• Area : 331.212 km² (half of Texas)
• GDP : Approx. 3,000 USD / pax
• Key industries : Manufacturing
(Furniture, Garment), Tourism, Fisheries,
Basics of Vietnam
Beach in the Central & Mountain in the North
Basics of Vietnam
Ancient Town in the Central & Mekong Delta in the South
Basics of Vietnam
Major transportation is motorbike
Basics of Vietnam
Just have a severe series of storms, floods and landslides caused around 300 dead & missed.
Who we are ?
• Green building consultant (i.e LEED by U.S. Green Building Council)
• Account for around 50% market share in VN
• 30 professionals divided into 4 teams comprising of all expertise to
run a typical project
• Partnership with UL for Fire & Safety Program in VN
LEED CERTIFICATION SUITABLE FOR PROJECTS AIMING FOR INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION
• Certified by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
• LEED is present in 134 countries so far
• LEED is the most widely used green building rating system in the world
LEVEL OF CERTIFICATION
CATEGORIES OF LEED
1. WHAT ARE GREEN BUILDING & LEED?
NUMBER OF LEED CERTIFICATION IN VIETNAM 2007 – 2019
NUMBER OF LEED CERTIFICATION IN VIETNAM UNTIL DEC – 2019
ALL DONE IN-HOUSE
GREENVIET NAMED LEED PROVEN PROVIDER BY U.S. GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL
• 113 companies in the world are named.
• 80% companies based in US
• GreenViet is the only company in South East Asia achieved
Benefits of LEED Proven Provider
• Streamlined reviews
• Direct contact with review team
• Second review might be waived
• Shortest time to get LEED certificate
INDUSTRIAL HIGH-RISE BUILDING
OFFICE BUILDING & PODIUM RETAIL & BASEMENT F&B
THE SUN TOWER GFA: 150,000 m2
OFFICE BUILDING + BASEMENT FOOD COURT
E-TOWN CENTRAL GFA: 67,000 m2 28 Floors + 5 Basements
OFFICE BUILDING TWIN TOWERS
V-Plaza GFA: 100,000 m2
CAPITAL PLACE GFA: 128,000 m2
LAVENUE CROWN – LEED GOLD – ON HOLD
Lead Architect : Gensler Singapore
MEP : Aurecon
Structure : ARUP
Hotel Operator : Starwood Hotels & Resorts
LUXURY RESIDENTIAL HIGH-RISE
1st LEED AWARDED TO RESIDENTIAL HIGH-RISE
MIA SAIGON – 1ST LEED SILVER CERTIFIED HOTEL IN VN
WINK HOTEL CHAIN
HOW WE WORK ?
Design Bid Build Commissioning Handover
G R E E N V I E T C O N S U L T I N G P R O C E S S
• Preliminary assessment
• Project registration (green building council)
Concept & Baseline design
• Analyze and instruct design team to meet green building requirements
Detail design • Check bidding documents/ Value Engineering
• Prepare documents for submission to Green Building Council Tender -Value
Coordinate stakeholders to achieve initial goal
Construction Submit a complete application to Green Building Council
DESIGN CONSTRUCTIONPOSSIBILITY ASSESSMENT
LOTUS Round 2 Submission
COMPLETED COMMISSIONING ONSITE
-> LEED Round 1 Submission
LEED Design coordination
Register Project to USGBC
Prepare Document for Design Submission
Construction onsite to be complied with LEED
LEED Round 2 Submission
LEED Round 1 Submission (for Design)
4. HOW TO APPLY LEED?
S G R
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT/ DETAIL DESIGN
TENDER / VALUE ENGINEERING
COMMISSIONINGS / OCCUPANCY
– Preliminary Assessment / FS
– Coordination Engineering to ensure compliance, instruct design team for the related works
– Building Analysis
– Review Bidding Document / Value Engineering – Prepare documents for Provisional submission
Provisional Certification Submission
Final Certification submission
NON-GREEN BUILDING vs GREEN BUILDING PROCESS
• How did we do in the past 8 years ?
• Where are we now ?
• Our problems
10 NAMED COMPETITORS
IN THE PAST 9 YEARS
Swim very fast and deeply Bite everything possible
WHY DID WE DO THAT ?
Build up a brand from scratch
Giants in the world
BUILD UP BARRIERS FOR ENTRY
Build the team from fresh undergraduates
Account for more than 50% of VN market
Values added Beyond certification
Slightly increase but keep
reasonable in the long run
HOW MBA HELP ?
• Business concept
• Sales / Marketing / Business Development at low cost
• Build competitive advantages
PROBLEM 1 : EXPANDING TO U.S. & REGIONAL Background :
• U.S is where LEED originated so doing business here will bring back a lot of expertise and branding for the company in VN.
• There are competitors in regional countries but more or less GreenViet can compete. Potential in less developed countries like Burma, Combodia.
• GreenViet successfully partnered with one peer in the Philippines to do multiple projects there.
How GreenViet can expand to U.S. and other countries ? What should we prepare for that roadmap?
PROBLEM 2 : BRANDING ISSUE Background :
• Vietnamese people favor foreign companies. Sometimes clients select a foreign company to be in the team just for their sales purpose.
• GreenViet is 100% local.
• Though we are more capable but hard to charge higher than foreign peers.
What should we do (in a sustainable manner) to improve the situation ?
PROBLEM 3 : KPI vs BENEFITS Background :
• Our salary budget keep increasing 15% per year as of senerity.
• Turnover is low with less than 10% (less than 3 staffs out of 30 leave the company in a year).
• Consultancy fee go down as of learning curve and more competition.
• It’s hard to “measure” or “assign” man.hour for each of project.
What should we do to retain talents as well as to keep the profitable margin ?
PROBLEM 4 : MARKETING Background :
• Our service is quite new in the construction industry. Not many clients and professionals understand the basics (costs & benefits ; how we involve ; ….) so they’re reluctant to use our service and / or underpay us.
• Once we got the job, we also have problems of showing our values to clients at the end of project.
Question : We need a detailed answers to this problem. Some of ideas we have in mind as follows :
1. Further “visualize” our service to prospects and to show our contributions
2. Show our contributions ( ex : financial savings,…) at the end of project.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. QUANG DO Business Development Director
• LEED / LOTUS / GREEN MARK CONSULTANCY
• SUSTAINABLE BENCHMARKING
• ENERGY & WATER AUDITS
• DESIGN OPTIMIZATION
• GREEN BUILDING TRAINING
Increasing Visual Impact
Across the range of wine measured, the appeal of the bottle/label design is increasing important to wine drinkers and choosing a bottle of wine, primarily driven by makes and middle-aged consumers
Global Wine Trends
Consumers are increasingly paying attention to the impact of their behaviors on both the environment and their health. Wine drinkers are starting to look for alternatives, to extend their ethical impact
Rising involvement reducing knowledge:
Cognitive off-loading driven by smart phones means gone are the days we remember which brand or style we like. Consumer are more involved even if their technical wine knowledge is decreasing
Wine Intelligence – Global Trends in wine 2020 (March)
The proportion of mature wine drinkers continue to increase, in line with a globally ageing population, with more than 20% of regular wine drinkers now aged iover 65 and over in mature markets
The share of premium + wine is projected to grow to 2023, driven by China & US. whilst lower-priced wine sales are projected to decrease. Younger consumers are also more likely to be premium wine drinkers/.
Switching out of wine
There are a smaller population of regular and frequent wine drinkers in key markets than there was in 2015, which around ¼ of regular wine drinkers drinking less than they used in in existing markets
The proportion of wine drinkers consuming rose has significantly increased since 2007 across multiple markets and consumers are moving from lower price rose to more premium rose, with Provence leading the quality rose
A significant increasing proportion of consumers consider alcohol content levels when choosing wine, which correlates with the global rise in consciousness of alcohol consumption
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25