Please read the attachment instructions carefully!!!!!
You have had plenty of practice with data analysis in the Discussions and hopefully you have received helpful and encouraging feedback from your colleagues. Now, for the last time in the course, it is time once again to put all of that good practice to use and answer a social research question using categorical statistical tools. As you begin the Assignment, be sure and pay close attention to the assumptions of the test. Specifically, make sure the variables are categorical level variables.
For this Assignment, you will consider three different scenarios. Each of these scenarios includes a research question. You will examine each scenario, choose a categorical data analysis and run a sample test.
To prepare for this Assignment:
For this Assignment:
Write a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis of your categorical data results for each research scenario. If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). In your analysis, display the data for the output. Based on your results, provide an explanation of what the implications of social change might be.
Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing for your analysis, research question, and display of output.
Submit your Assignment: Testing for Bivariate Categorical Analysis.
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
6210 Week 11 Assignment: How To Complete The Assignment Requirement
Review the Week 11Course Materials.
Use the Afrobarometer dataset for this Discussion.
Review the 3 Chi-Square scenarios found in this week’s Learning Resources and address each of the 3 scenarios for this assignment.
Note 1: you must address each of the 3 scenarios, you must address each of the 3 scenarios, you must address each of the 3 scenarios.
Note 2: use the variables that are identified in each of the scenarios in your analysis as follows:
Scenario 1 Row 46 Q59H: Trust police & Row 63: Presence of democracy
Scenario 2 Row 46 Q59H: Trust in police & Row 4: Reside: rural, urban, semi-
Scenario 3 Row 10 Q5A: Current econ con & Row 22 Q42: Extent of democracy
Run a Chi-Square Test of Independence for each scenario. Here’s how:
Write a research question for a Chi-Square Test of Independence. Use this format:
– What is the relationship between (state the IV) and (state the DV)?
Write the null hypothesis. Use this format:
-There is no relationship between (state the IV) and (state the DV).
State the research design.
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Here’s how:
-Open the Afrobarometer data set, select Analyze, select Descriptive Statistics, select Crosstabs, drag your IV into the Rows box, drag your DV into the Columns box, Click on Statistics, select Chi-square and Phi and Cramer’s V, select Continue, select Cells, select Observed, Rows, Columns and Totals, select Continue and OK.
-Review the Asymptotic Significance value in the Pearson Chi-Square row of the Chi-Squared Tests SPSS Output and decide to reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis.
Remember, if the Sig. value is less than .05, reject the null and if the Sig. value is greater than .05, fail to reject the null.
-If you reject the null and determine that the Chi-Square is statistically significant, report and explain the meaning of the effect size (strong, medium, weak). Use the Cramer’s V value in the Symmetric Measures box for effect size
If you fail to reject the null and find that the Chi-Square is not statistically significant, then there is no need to calculate, report, or explain the effect size.
Check to make sure you have addressed 3 scenarios. There will be no opportunity to resubmit your assignment.
© 2016 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 1 of 1
Scenarios 1. Results of your literature review conclude that trust in the police is an integral
part of any democracy. You wish to test whether a relationship between trust in the police and presence of democracy (measured with dichotomous variable) exists in Africa. Using Afrobarometer 2015, please provide: a 1–2 APA style paragraph statement that furnishes an answer to this question, note the relevant statistics, comment on meaningfulness, and include your relevant SPSS output.
2. Following up on your previous analysis, you now wish to determine whether a relationship exists between citizen trust in police and whether respondents reside in rural, urban or semi-urban settings? Using Afrobarometer 2015, please provide: a 1–2 APA style paragraph statement that furnishes an answer to this question, note the relevant statistics, comment on meaningfulness, and include your relevant SPSS output. In addition, please comment on what could be influencing the results you obtained.
3. Is there a relationship between perceptions of current economic conditions and extent of a democracy? Using Afrobarometer 2015, please provide: a 1–2 APA style paragraph statement that furnishes an answer to this question, note the relevant statistics, comment on meaningfulness, and include your relevant SPSS output. In addition, please comment on what could be influencing the results you obtained.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25