See attachments. Review videos and make sure you understand the requirements. I have posted the links to the videos before and if needed will send my log-in information to read the chapter after bid selection. Calculations must be shown.
Problem Set Marketing Information GBA 5208
Hint: Read Chapters 17 and 18, and videos related to those chapters before doing
this assignment. There is a separate video on markup and breakeven Analysis
1. (a) What pricing objective(s) is a skimming pricing policy most likely implementing? Is the same true for a penetration pricing policy?
(b) Which pricing policy is probably most appropriate for each of the following products?
i. a DVD of a best selling movie
ii. a skin patch to help smokers quit
iii. a “smart” infant/baby car seat that alerts the driver’s cell phone when the child
has unbuckled while the car is in motion, the child was accidentally left behind in
the car, and the car is too hot or too cold
iv. Nintendo’s online SWITCH gaming subscription
2. Is price discrimination involved if a large oil company sells gasoline to taxicab
associations for 3.0 cents less per gallon than what its sells to retail service stations? The
taxicab association will resell to taxi drivers. What happens if the taxi cab association
resells gasoline to both taxicab drivers and to the general public? (10 pts)
3.. If a retailer sells a coat for $139.99. What was his markup if he bought the coat for
$81.79? (15 pts)
• Markup in actual dollars?
• Express markup as a % of cost?
• Express markup as a % of selling price?
*Remember that markup percentage is based on selling price unless otherwise noted
in ALL of the remaining questions.
4. An kitchen/bath retailer purchased a mini chopper for $7.50. He plans to take a 30%
markup. What will the selling price be? (5 pts)
5. An office supply store desires a minimum 40% markup at retail. If a case of copier
paper will be sold at retail for $55.59/case, what is the maximum price the store can pay
for them and still get its stated markup (40%)? (10 pts)
6. A sporting goods store has been offered a closeout purchase on softballs. The cost of
each ball is $1.75, and it should retail for $7.49. What markup at the retail price would
the store obtain? (5 pts)
7. The XYZ Fencing company sells a custom made wooden gate through wholesalers
and retailers. The retail selling price is $850.00 and the manufacturing cost to the
company is $325.00. The retail markup was 35 percent and wholesale markup was 20
percent. (10 pts)
A. What was the cost to the wholesaler? B. What was the cost to the retailer? C. What percentage markup on selling price did the producer make?
8. Kitchenaid is considering expanding its countertop microwave line to include a new “smart” microwave that connects to other smart devices. The “smart” microwave will
require additional expenditures both in manufacturing and marketing. Management
seeks to determine a preliminary price for the new microwave. The fixed costs
associated with manufacturing the microwave are $3,000,000. The variable costs are
$410.50 per unit. Calculate the breakeven point in units at selling prices of $599.00,
$699.00 and $799.00. Show your work. Through your research you know that
“smart” devices are growing in popularity and that several key competitors are
working on their own “smart” microwaves. Currently, there is no clear market leader
in this emerging market for “smart” kitchen appliances. It is estimated that the total
market for smart microwaves in the next year is 125,000 units. Which of these prices
would you recommend and why? Please give a detail explanation for your decision
9. Yoplait has new line of Greek yogurt in a 9 oz size. The Marketing Manager plans to test market the product in one small market for three weeks. They have calculated the
cost and projected sales for each of the different flavors: Plain cost is .65 each with
projected sales of 11,000 units, strawberry cost per unit is .70 with projected sales of
14,000 units, blueberry cost is .78 per unit with projected sales of 11,000 units. Each
yogurt product will retail at the same price.
Using the average cost pricing and a 35% markup what will Yoplait price these
products at the retail level? Remember to show your work. (10 pts)
10. MyAppliance+ is adding a new wine refrigerator to its appliance product mix. Launching the new wine refrigerator will require an investment of $350,000 to cover
the fixed costs. The selling price is $175.00 with a variable cost of $89.99.
MyAppliance+ wants to make at least $80,000 of profit the first year with this new
product. How many wine refrigerators does the company have to sell to reach this
profit goal? (10 pts)
Total value of Assignment = 100 pts
Do not just give answers. You must show your calculations for each answer. If you do
not, then you will not receive credit (even if your answer is correct). Type or hand write
(and scan) your answers. Submit via the assignment drop box.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment?
Order here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25